Our muffler insert manufacturing is used and installed in a wide range of motor vehicles and trucks, throughout Australasia, in both OEM and aftermarket applications
We meet the highest standard demanded by today's market, manufacturing and supplying components such as:
- E-glass wool packs
- Needlemat pads/cut outs
- Moulded packs
- Stainless steel mesh wool
- Stainless steel mesh rings/seals/gaskets/strapping/socks
We also service a large number of smaller and specialised muffler manufactures, supporting problem solving and manufacturing components to suit the customer requirements
We supply components to all the major muffler manufactures, which include companies such as:
- Tenneco Walker
- Mercury Mufflers
- Berklee Limited
- Cummins Fleetguard
- Genie Performance
back to the top
Aero Test Facilities
Lancaster Glass Fibre has unrivalled experience in the provision of application specific thermal acoustic infill systems and materials for aircraft engine test cells and hush houses on a world-wide basis. The company portfolio is extensive in addressing the test requirements attributable to all types of military and civil aero test scenarios, ranging from vectored thrust with afterburner to the largest high by-pass superfans currently in service with the world's airlines.
In no other area of gas turbine applications is the selection of materials and configuration of the acoustic treatment more important than in the aircraft engine test environment. To this end, it is Company policy to work closely with engine manufacturers, clients and end-users in order to optimise acoustic performance, extend service life and meet financial targets. The benefits of this culture are equally applicable to a new-build and refurbishment projects. In many cases of refurbishment, the application-specific approach can upgrade the acoustic performance of older test facilities to an extent previously not considered to be feasible.
The Company is an approved supplier of acoustic materials and systems in respect of government and defence agency contracts. Specific references include NATO, USAF,MOD (UK), etc.
The component materials used in the products supplied by the Company into aero test applications are environmentally acceptable, containing no materials classifiable as potential carcinogens. The majority of such products are supplied in modular (pillow-based) formats, designed for easeof installation and utilising Lancaster Glass Fibre as a fibrous absorber.
Lancaster Glass Fibre supports the aero test requirement with:
- Thermal acoustic infill for military aviation applications, capable of maintaining acoustic performance and service life at the highest re-heat temperatures.
- Infill for civil aviation applications, capable of providing maximum accoustic performance whilst withstanding the highest mass flow rates associated with "superfan" engines.
- Modular infill designed to the optimum airflow resistivity for intake baffles, exhaust baffle and augmenter tube linings.
- Amorphous pillow systems for vertical exhaust tube arrays.
back to the top
MOTIVE POWER SILENCING
As an established supplier of fit-for purpose thermal accoustic products incorporating the properties of mineral, glass and metal fibres, Lancaster Glass Fibre brings the benifit of more than twenty-five years of experience to motive power silencing and associated applications. In addressing requirements ranging from high performance sports/racing vehicles, trucks and locomotives to generator sets and air compressors, the Company designs and supplies products that deliver high levels of performance and durability.
Whilst it is widely accepted the motive power exhaust systems for a performance-based application must be output-optimised, what is genrally less well known is the extent to which any motive power silencing system will benifit from the matching of the components to the particular application. Physical stresses attributable to temperature and pressure interact with the chemical effects associated with the products of combustion. Due to the build up of potentially corrosive condensate within the exhaust system, a cool low velocity exhaust gas flow can be more destructive to silencer materials than a high velocity hot gas flow. Thus the type and quality of the materials used within motive power silencing are crucial to the reliability of the exhaust system. In most cases the products supplied by the Company are application-specific, with the selection of component materials being based upon their suitability for a particular working environment.
Lancaster Glass Fibre offers the motive power user:
- Maximum acoustic attenuation from the combination of fibrous stainless steel and GTB basalt for absorptive and absorptive reactive silencers.
- Optimum infill for resonators, based upon fiberous stainless steel and E-glass fibre.
- A-glass monofilament fibre for maximum durability and resistance to wetting in compressed air silencing and marine diesel applications.
- Technical advice on specialist silencing applications.
back to the top